Thursday, March 13, 2014

Icicles' Last Hurrah

Okay, winter mini-blizzard over.  Back to inklings of spring like we experienced the beginning of the week--the 40's!!


Today wasn't as warm as they predicted, but icicles have formed off the porch roof.  The icicles say, "Look, look at me!  I am snow, I am ice, I am dripping water.  How wonderful am I?  This might be your last chance to see me for a long time." 

I like icicles unless they come crushing down like they did when I arrived at home this afternoon and unlocked the door--not too large and right down the back of my head and down my neck.  Good that they weren't big and heavy icicles. 

According to Accuweather on the web, nothing below freezing for the next month and beyond, I hope. 

I feel the excitement of warmer temps and sunshine.  Is this the changing of the seasons thing?  How could I live in a warmer climate when Indiana has it all?  There is something to that. But you have to take the bad with the good constantly. 

Savor the icicles, my fellow bloggers.

2 comments:

  1. Icicles used to be swords when I was a kid. They still are dangerous, glad you weren't hurt by the falling icicles. They are beautiful and I am mesmerized watching the drip develop into a spear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrrr! You sent a chill up my back! I can't say I'm really going to miss the icicles all that much. ;)

    ReplyDelete