Friday, January 17, 2020

OLW for 2020

There was no hesitation or delving into a list of possible OLWs or using the thesaurus this year to refine my search.  

I've been saying this word to myself and to my husband and he to me all year.  After the first of the year, I kept hearing this word when I talked to people.  

"FOCUS" is my word for 2020.  

Aging itself requires one to go slower/focusing for safety. One could fall when one turns around too quickly or not focusing on that extra step or not lifting one's foot high enough to avoid the throw rug becoming your worst enemy.

Recipes confound us in our 70's.  I share this knowledge with friends who have entered this decade. I need to focus so hard to get a recipe right even if I have made the recipe before!!  What is that?

I can't find things that are right in front of me!!  Mercy!!  

Those are some of the negatives of losing focus.


 ***

Focusing has a positive side, too.  

Focusing will keep you at arms' length from the negative going on around oneself by looking at an object in motion--an object making its way to another location and what happens when it gets there.

Focus on the activities had with friends that created laughter.

Focus on what is good and warms your life.

I could go on with the negatives and positives, but I think focusing will keep me positive and alive.

Happy 2020!


No comments:

Post a Comment