Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm finally here--creating my own blog!!!!!! Thanks to Ruth Ayres, I've made the plunge after realizing this is what I like to do best--writing about fragments that later hopefully will turn into larger ideas/pieces, stories, poems, a book some day??? Fragments and clay are ever changing. I attended my first writing workshop as a Wawasee Middle School 7th grade language arts teacher eleven years ago at Indian Springs Middle School in Columbia City. I called my writers notebooks "Clay Fragments" from the very beginning. I wrote along with my students in class, adding new bits and pieces every year. I now am in my 11th writers notebook!!! I retired from teaching this last June but continue to write and am taking writing more seriously. The "serious" part of that statement holds me in its clutches, and I haven't been producing much. But with the help of my new writing group and this blog, I will be released to write what I know best--as Ruth Metcalf would say, writing about "Bits of Nothing," which hopefully, will eventually, become something!

3 comments:

  1. Yipee! You did it. I'm excited to read along as you write bits of nothing into something. :)
    ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Tam! You did it! It's really official - you have a blog! Not that I know what that means or what all it entails. Anyway, I am excited for you because you are excited. Keep up the good work - I am proud of you, my friend.
    Love, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog - compliments returned. I love the title of your blog and all that it implies. I got my mom blogging this year - she's a retired school teacher too - all because of Slice of Life! Now she writes something every Sunday, I help load it on her blog and our whole family is enjoying reading mom's memories and comments on life. (Her blog is at otterlanding.wordpress)

    ReplyDelete